[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

[trigger]damage to library?: 15[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #483[/trigger]

Library Research notes updated. I need a perception check from one person that's in the Inner Sanctum. You guys can knowledge history if you like on the Shory. Also please post what you would like to do next, your lady friend is still down there with you.

How long did research actually take? Last library is was just "sunup-sundown", since they kicked us out of the library then, but since that's not a problem here, could we conceivably do research 24 hours a day with people who don't need to sleep for multiple checks?

Research is 8 hours here. Another 8 hours would put you after the sundown of the library, and everything that entails if you try to leave after closing....

Unfortunately your sundial watch isn't working this far underground, it must be solar powered

Last edited:
[trigger]Perception: 30[/trigger]
[trigger]History on Shory: 43[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #489[/trigger]

Aech: You believe that the scrolls detailing Hakoteps weapon should be in this library, but aren't.

The Shory are an ancient and now extinct race who were known for there flying magic. Many tales of their floating cities exist though most scholars seem to think entire cities floating is just fairy tales. The largest piece of Shory technology still in existence is a wreckage in the Mwangi Expanse south of Osirion. A few scholars have even hypothesized the idea that Androids are descendants of Shory technology. To date nobody has been able to replicate this technology, or creating flying buildings. Much less entire flying cities.

So this guy stole stuff from what might be my ancestors? Interesting.
Do we know of anyone else that has been able to get in to the library and potentially remove the scrolls?

The Temple of Nethys controls the library and would tell you nobody but the Haty-a has that ability. But you did watch somebody break in...

I'd be more than happy to start spearheading the stagnation, but I am so not in the know with these places, people, and generally what the fuck we are doing / going on. Literally relying on somebody else to press on. We are in a large closed off library that is coveted to enter. That is all I understand.

anyone up for staying in and sleeping/resting in the spiral archives? :p that way we can get more research in and not get caught because we leave after sundown...

Nothing's stopping you guys from doing another 8 hrs of research right away. You aren't incurring fatigued penalty yet.

I saw no reason for y'all not to just stay here for 72 hours straight rolling three research checks a day.

Does shady woman (does she have a name?) come back every now and then to get more research supplies? If so, I can go out with her, back to the surface and get food or whatever if you people eat that, since it's still mid afternoon by my reckoning.

As for the missing scrolls, we know that nebta-khufre was here before us, and the library people moving stuff around was how we found out about this library in the first place.

Edit: Dear god this spelling is terrible. That's what I get for posting on my phone

Last edited:
*Taps mic* Is this thing on? Looks back at messages 486 and 496 where the GM clearly states you've researched for 8 hours, so its been 8 hours. You do have to read posts you don't make yourself for PbP to work.

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9958 Online 830 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom