[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 5, 2020.

  1. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will swim forward and try to hide in the water.

    He will move forward and look around for anyone else hiding like the first two.

    !roll 1d20+11 #stealth

    !roll 1d20+7 #swim

    !roll 1d20+8 #perception
     
  2. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    stealth: 26

    swim: 11

    perception: 13

    For: Kiryu Re: #101
     
  3. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You see 3 Grindylows ahead of you. They are difficult to see since they are all completely submerged, but they arent trying to hide.
     
  4. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will sneak back and whisper to the others.

    Hey guys, there are 3 more around the corner.
     
  5. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Should we try for a surprise round? We took the sentries down quickly but I can't imagine they didn't hear us out here...
     
  6. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will position herself on the right side of the cavern.

    Perhaps we would be able to draw them out and ambush them?
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The three Grindylows are muttering to each other
     
  8. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will move to the left, and in Aquan say:

    We know you are there. We can either keep trying to fight or find a better way. We would rather find a way to coexist.


    !roll 1d20+6 #Diplomacy
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Diplomacy: 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #107
     
  10. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will attempt to sneak up on the other side of the tunnel from Kiryu.

    !roll 1d20+5 #stealth
     
  11. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    stealth: 24

    For: Srekcins Re: #108
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The Grindylow on the left shouts back in Aquan "Invader filth must die, no coexist with 2 legs". The Grindylow then throws his spear at Kiryu and retreats up the narrow northern passage. The other two Grindylows keep there spears in hand and retreat into a larger eastern cavern. They retreated so you are not in combat unless you pursue.

    !roll 1d20?+3-4 #Spear throw with range penalties at Kiryu
    !roll 1d6+1 #Spear dmg
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spear throw with range penalties at Kiryu: 18

    Spear dmg: 3

    For: Statboy Re: #109
     
  14. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Even if they don't want to negotiate, perhaps we can make them tell us if they harmed the others, e.g by replying "is that what you did to the other two legs too?"
     
  15. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura shouts down the hall in Aquan.

    Is that what you did to the other two legs too?
     
  16. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu whispers: Lets move forward and keep an eye out for them. We can have someone stand back with a light so they don't know exactly where we are. They may assume we can't see in the dark.
     
  17. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    If we're going to try to sneak then I can stand here with a torch to avoid making too much noise...
     
  18. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    I can see well in the dark, so I'll go with you.

    !roll 1d20+5 #stealth
     
  19. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will swim forward and take a look around.


    !roll 1d20+11 #stealth

    !roll 1d20+7 #swim

    !roll 1d20+8 #perception
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    stealth: 24

    swim: 22

    perception: 23

    For: Kiryu Re: #115
     
  21. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura: A grindylow shouts back "We did nothing the first, two legs. We were about to attack, sink all their boats. But when we arrived they all gone. Big Queen Brinetooth, she be mad. She plan attack for a whole week."
    Kiryu: You are able to see further down the north passage and into the cavern to the east. You can see the now spearless Grindylow along the narrow northern passage. He is the one replying to Maura. You do not see anything in the eastern cave.
     
    • It's a trap! It's a trap! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Can I see anything more with my dark vision?

    !roll 1d20+6 #perception
     
  23. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 11

    For: Srekcins Re: #117
     
  24. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu realizes that diplomacy will not likely be successful. He will continue sneaking/swimming into the east case and look around.


    !roll 1d20+8 #perception
     
  25. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 13

    For: Kiryu Re: #118
     
  26. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Eko clanks around a bit in the first cave to make it sound like we're still milling around there - by... milling around in the first cave :D
     
  27. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: The part of the cave you are in is normal light, because of the light reflecting off the water. It becomes lowlight towards the back of the cave that Kiryu just entered.

    Kiryu: I pulled your character back a little bit. As soon as you get to the point I moved you too. A call in Aquan goes out "Attack" first from the single Grindylow to the north, then many voices pick up the call from the cave.

    Turn Order for Combat
    Grindylow 21
    Grindylow 20
    Grindylow 19
    Variel- 16
    Grindylow- 14.02
    Eko- 14.00
    Kiryu- 13.02
    Grindylow- 13.02
    Grindylow- 5
    Maura- 4
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice