[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

Discussion in 'Mummy's Mask' started by Statboy, Jun 2, 2016.

  1. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    My bad, I was thinking for 2 with 2 handed... but even then my math still fails because I forgot to multiply the base 335 by two.
     
  2. Ach Hans Run!

    Ach Hans Run! Achievement Hunter

    Assuming that the sneak is to get in, I'll just pay 50 gp instead
    !roll 1d20+1d6+20 #perception for something
    Also I'll be gone from friday to about monday for collegy stuff, and I just got back from orientation, so when I'm gone I'll leave Hex to run Aech I guess, but I still have a few days
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception for something: 39

    For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #313
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The sneak was to not be noticed inspecting the door while Idessa distracts, though with Hex being in China right now (i think) this may be moot, besides Isal has permission right now
     
  5. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    I was waiting for Farside to show up and post, implicitly agreeing to what I said or naw, since it was really just a suggestion and I didn't want to be commanding Aech around while player was actually around somewhere.

    Summary of events for my benefit:
    Mavruk is dead, prospective new member somewhere in city, who apparently will find them.
    Zanros has one free Get-whatever-you-want-from-Deka-An-Keret-card from Mumminofrah.
    Isal bothered Deka An-Keret until she gave her a library card
    Aech and Idessa are still snooping around the library and nobody has told them anything about it

    !roll 1d20+1 #Perception
    !roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy
    !roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, Honeyed Tongue
    !roll 1d20+3 #Bluff
     
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Idessa looks for an emergency open-secret-door lever: 3

    Idessa hits on the librarian with the keys: 15

    Idessa lays it on thick: 24

    Idessa is also surreptitiously mining her for information about the library and distracting her from Aech: 13

    For: Hexalan Re: #315
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Please post what those rolls actually are, ie which ones are diplomacy, what is laying it on thick (are you a chubby chaser?) that kind of thing. Also still need a sneak from Aech to go unnoticed when he does his perception. That is if you guys still want to go through with all of this, considering Isal found and gained access to the next library.
     
  8. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    What is the rest of the party going to spend their afternoon doing?
     
  9. SoL DarkLord

    SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS Tabletop GM

    Isal will go to meet this new stranger, that replied to her tavern posting.
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    When did Isal put up a tavern posting and who's replying to it? The letter you got from Vintage's new character didn't indicate where he was, just that he was finishing a job and would see you soon. He has a backstory on how he knows of the Iron Covenant. If you wanted to meet up with Zanros and Memsie, heading towards the Library would be a good place to start, you could probably catch them in the courtyard. They would have to pass through that way to go home. Also Aech and Idessa are in the Library. Or everybody can meet up at home and make plans for how to spend 2morrow.
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Come on people, what are you going to do. Isal is currently at the Temple of Nethy's, Memsie and Zanros are leaving the Palace of Reeds, and Aech and Idessa are at the Great Library being indecisive on what they want to do. The letter you got from a potential person to help out doesn't say where he is, only that he'll meet up with you guys. Its currently just past midday
     
  12. Ach Hans Run!

    Ach Hans Run! Achievement Hunter

    !roll 1d20+8+1d6 #stealth I guess
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    stealth I guess: 26

    For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #321
     
  14. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter VF4-A (Admin) Staff Member

    All group up and use the three day excursion pass?
     
  15. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    Reminder that Aech and Idessa are in the gorram library and nobody has come and told them about three day library passes or mysterious stalkers.

    Also yes, using the library pass this get into the library seems like a good option.
     
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    I'm still waiting on you to interpret your rolls as well.
     
  17. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    I edited it into my post.
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Idessa: You manage to hold the librarian's attention, but notice a Half-Elf that is surreptitiously reading books near you. Once when you hear a noise and the librarian begins to turn and look, the Half-Elf quickly asks hers a questions. Almost like he's helping you distract the librarians for Aech.

    Aech: You get around to the statue that ate Zanros and as you look at the bronze door with the eye engraved on it, you notice a hooded woman begin to pick the lock on the door. First she disables a trap that you notice would spray her with something if tripped, then she picks the lock but before stepping through you notice she disables another trap, this one appears magical. The door shuts with a soft thud and she is gone.
     
  19. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Zanros heads to see Deka.
     
  20. SoL DarkLord

    SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS Tabletop GM

    Isal plans on saving her access for a full day's time to study.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice