[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura five foot steps and casts cure light wounds on Variel.

    !roll 1d8+1 #CLW

    Help him get it off!
     
  2. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    CLW: 5

    For: theLumberJack Re: #781
     
  3. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko tries to wrench the thing off and grapple it instead

    !roll 1d20+3 #cmb
     
  4. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    cmb: 18

    For: VintagePC Re: #782
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: You successfully break the grapple of the Nautilus. This does provoke an AoO from it. You see Variel's skull beneath the wounds from the Nautilus and realize how close it had come to burrowing those tentacles into Variel's brain. Nobody is grappled currently. Kiryu is up.

    !roll 1d20+2? #Tentacle AoO vs Eko
    !roll 1d4+2? #Dmg
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Tentacle AoO vs Eko: 22 = [20] + 2

    Dmg: 3 = [1] + 2

    For: Statboy Re: #783
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    !roll 1d20+2? #Tentacle confirm crit vs Eko
    !roll 1d4+2? #Dmg
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Tentacle confirm crit vs Eko: 12 = [10] + 2

    Dmg: 4 = [2] + 2

    For: Statboy Re: #784
     
  9. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Casting Magic Missile, targeting the creature.
    !roll 1d4+3? #Force
     
  10. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Force: 5 = [2] + 3

    For: Kiryu Re: #785
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Having been ripped off Variels head, shot with a magic missle, and outnumbered, the nautilus attempts to flee to the water and off up the river. Eko, Kiryu and Variel can take AoO if they have a melee to hand. You guys are out of combat otherwise.
     
  12. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Doesn't Eko now have a controlling grapple? or is that only if you're the person being grappled?

    Otherwise, Machete:
    !roll 1d20+3? #attack
    !roll 1d6+3? #damage
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    attack: 15 = [12] + 3

    damage: 4 = [1] + 3

    For: VintagePC Re: #787
     
  14. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Forgot to check if there's still a flanking bonus on that roll
    Should be +2 if there is.
     
  15. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel dropped her weapon when she went unconscious, so no AoO from her.
     
  16. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu is not wielding a weapon, so no AoO.
     
  17. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko will hit, but the nautilus will be in the water and away. You have travelled only a few hours. What would you like to do next?

    EDIT: Reminder that there is now a dead body on the ground
     
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  18. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I'll search the body for anything useful.

    !roll 1d20+7? #Perception on body
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception on body: 18 = [11] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #792
     
  20. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Most of the belongings are rotted as much as the body has. The handaxe she used is still in good condition. She also has a silver ring with the name "Raila Lyonhart" carved into it.
     
  21. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura says

    We should keep moving. Who knows what else will swim down this river

    And then proceeds to try to cross the river agian.
     
  22. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Yes, it might come back with friends. Be careful though!

    Eko picks up his dropped weapons, and reloads and readies his crossbow, keeping it to hand until Maura is safely across.
     
  23. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will collect her belongings, and retrieve the ring as well. Then follow the group.

    Maybe we'll find someone who was related to this person still alive.
     
  24. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Anybody without a natural swim will need to post a swim check, you can take 10 so long as you dont have a negative modifier to swim
     
  25. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will attempt to assist anyone who needs help.

    !roll 1d20+5 #swim
     
  26. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    swim: 21

    For: Srekcins Re: #798
     
  27. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I'll take the handaxe and ring.

    Will then try to cross the river.

    !roll 1d20-2 #swim
     
  28. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    swim: 15

    For: Kiryu Re: #799
     
  29. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Since part of the river is calm, Eko will remove his armour and take 10 on his swim check for a total of 13.

    When he reaches the other side he'll promptly redon his armour.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice